« Home | Tastes like crack » | Cricket, Cricket » | Eskimo Porkchops » | Don't hate me because I'm organized » | How do you lose something you never really had? » | Looks like they made it! » | "Am I Hallucinating?!" » | For the 46th time in my life- I've risen above the... » | A life without internet is no life at all » | Who knew food could make me glow with happiness?? »

Winter Wonder Weekend

Since Friday night it has snowed about 3 or 4 inches. It is beautiful. The snow is piled on, in and over everything. We've made the most of this cozy, snowy weekend. We've stayed inside for the most part, bundled up and cozy under blankets. We've made numerous cups of hot cocoa, hot tea and coffee. This morning I woke up and baked a fresh batch of muffins- only to return to bed with a bowl full of muffins and crawl back under the blankets. We watched Polar Express- which if you have not you need to do that, today! It was a wonderfully perfect Christmas movie.

We went out yesterday afternoon and bought the last few gifts. I put up some more Christmas lights in the house and put out all the Christmas cards. And, I finished wrapping all the gifts.

Last night we went to dinner w/ some neighbors/friends. They are probably two of the most wonderful people you could ever meet. They have two little boys and it was so fun to talk to them about all the Santa stuff they get to do this weekend. It reminded me how much different Christmas is without little kids around. There is an element of magic and wonder that is lost. But soon enough, all of that will return.

Tomorrow it is off to another work-filled week. I can't imagine it being to busy as everyone is counting the days to Christmas.