« Home | Would you like to see my ID? » | More adventures in expanding my palette » | Yes, I'm still here » | Pillow Talk » | 25 and still alive » | Swimmin' Hole » | You could say I'm cyst-tastic! » | Impressed » | Is the grass really all that greener? » | Upside-down and topsy turvy »

Full House

We've tried for quite some time to convince Shelton's brother, Keith, and his wife, Heather, to come up for a weekend to visit. We know it's not the most exciting destination, but we make up for it in enthusiasm and a lot of food.

While we were home visiting at the beginning of August I made a note on their refridgerator:
Q- When are Keith and Heather coming to Wichita?
A- Labor Day Weekend

And my little scheme worked! Keith, Heather, their new baby Stone, the mom, Elliott and his girlfriend all made their way up here early yesterday morning. We spent two days just enjoying each other's company. It was so nice to have a house full of family.

And, as promised, there was a lot of food. I'm glad no one had an aversion to paper plates and plastic cups. We do not have a dishwasher and even when it's just the two of us, this is the china of choice. I do not have time, nor the desire, to stand there and wash dishes all day and all night. Dishpan hands can bite it.

We made a quick run out to two of our favorite spots- the local health food store and World Market. We filled up on Chipotle for dinner last night, as it's a big fave and not something they can get in Oklahoma City. Poor souls.

Then, this afternoon, I made my always-popular fried chicken and garlic red skin mashed potatoes. I honestly thought I had made way too much food. Until I went in to survey the damage after everyone had stopped eating- wiped out. Nice work folks.

We played a lot of board games, talked, played with the baby and, in my humble opinion, had an all around good time. The weather made it even easier for us to decide to stay curled up in PJs on the couch all day.

As Shelton and I were falling asleep last night we were talking about the day. We both think it is so wonderful that we have a home that can accommodate all the people, toys, baggage and traffic.

So thanks for coming up. Hope we can do it again soon.