« Home | Swimmin' Hole » | You could say I'm cyst-tastic! » | Impressed » | Is the grass really all that greener? » | Upside-down and topsy turvy » | I feel pretty! » | So Pretty! » | The definition of "Retchid-Nasty-Funk" » | Spontaneity for 400, Alex » | Our nephew, Stone »

25 and still alive

Today I turned 25 years old. I'm very mixed on my feelings toward this birthday. While I feel the kid in me slipping away as everyday I'm faced with more adult things, I'm excited by the fact that now when people ask how old I am, they won't roll their eyes at that 24-year old kid. I know that for most of the people who read this blog, 25 is quite a distant memory. So what do I have to be complaining about?


So, today on my birthday, I thought I'd talk about all the things I don't have to complain about... like, my husband who is the love of my life (next to my nephew, Stone, of course), my incredible family, a job that I have a hell of a lot of fun doing and the fact that my hair has finally reached a point where it's more of a love than hate relationship.

How am I celebrating this big milestone birthday- the birthday in which I'm old enough to RENT A CAR!?!? I got to sleep in, only to be awaken by the Von Traps (my in-laws) and my parents singing duet, then a text from my sister and then a knock at the door by Grandma. Ok, I'll get up already.
Then, it was off to Shelton's dr. visit and then my trip to the gyno- best birthday gift EVER!! Then I had to have blood drawn to see if I'm a gene carrier for cystic fibrosis- again, LOVE needles being forced into my invisible veins ON-MY-BIRTHDAY! Then it was lunch and back to work.

Tonight, I'm having shrimp. Lots and Lots and Lots of shrimp. And beer. But just a little.

Thanks to all of you for the birthday calls, cards, emails and love. I love you all so very, very much.

Happy birthday Brandi! Eli (and the rest of us) sends his love and good wishes!

xxoo
eli, susan & ron

Post a Comment