« Home | Six in a row? » | They are going to let me influence a child... YOWZA! » | Now there's that Sooner Magic I remember!! » | They get the poopie diapers, I get to spoil it!!! » | H is for Homeless » | I lost my virginity to the gas pump tonight » | The picture of pathetic. » | Me and my crazy dreams » | Super Target vs. Super Wal-Mart » | You know it's a Monday when you realize half way t... »

Thank you! I'm a Crest kid.

Probably one of my top 5 least favorite things in the world would have to be going to the dentist. I get the absolute worst case of toe-curlin heeby jeebies ever. And it is not because of some tragic root canal memory or any other logical reason, I just get completely freaked out by those people and their pointy objects rooting around inside my mouth. I mean, really, I get worried when a Dorito goes in my mouth the wrong way and pokes my cheek, or toast rubs the roof of my mouth raw. I like things to stay copasetic in there.

I haven't been to the dentist in a year and a half. Some of you are probably thinking that's gross. The truth is, the trip before that it was 5 years, so I'm making progress. I just avoid it as much as possible. I've never had ANYTHING done to my mouth except cleaning. No cavaities. No orthodontic work. Nothing.

When the dentist came in yesterday, he and his nurse-woman just ooohed and ahhhed over how gorgeous my teeth were and how perfect they were and I'm so lucky- BLAH BLAH BLAH. Good night, they're just teeth! I just smiled and told them I'm a Crest kid. I've used Crest my whole life and don't plan on switching. I brush once a day and floss maybe once a month. Look at them pearly whites baby!

He is going to take my wisdom teeth. (Insert toe-curled heeby jeeby dance) I was born w/o the bottom two, so I guess I score there. But the top two have finally come in and they are bothering me. The left tooth always rubs my cheek and creates little sores. There is not enough room on either side to get my toothbrush in so that can only lead to trouble. I'll probably do it in a couple of weeks.

Two cool things about my trip to the dentist yesterday- they wore GRAPE FLAVORED GLOVES!!! I mean, are you kidding me? If I had those things I'd just wear them all day long and lick my fingers. Secondly, a car hit an electrical pole outside, so a good 75% of my cleaning was done sans electric. That means there was no sucky device and they looked at my teeth with a flashlight. At least I didn't have to reschedule.