« Home | At long last... » | Did you know... » | If Only it Were True... » | It was $20 to park... » | Best Seats in the House » | Winter has arrived! » | My big life in advertising!! » | What a good day looks like » | It's the little things » | Herrrre comes Ozzy! »

Jim's not the only one partying hard!

Friday night was my company Christmas party. Let me tell you, these people know how to throw a party. For starters, we checked into our hotel room at 6pm. That's right, they paid for each employee to have a hotel room for the night. And not just a hotel room, a suite. I could have lived there. 12 foot ceilings, beautiful wood furniture and trim, huge squishy bed, a giant window, huge bathroom, so on and so forth. Gorgeous, ok?!

Well, Shelton and I were all gussied up because it was a semi-formal thing. We both looked fabulous, if I do say so myself! The theme for the evening was " A Night at Sea." We walked in to the sounds of a steel-drum Caribbean band. it was way cool! We all stood around and starting drinking and then it was time for dinner. We had some sort of Roast Beef thing and Chicken Marsala, I had the chicken. It was delicious. Expensive delicious!! At this point I'm 3 glasses of Merlot in and I'm feeling good!

Right after dinner there was "entertainment." The party committee put together this absolutely side-splitting hilarious video. I'm praying I get a copy. It was just this montage of clips of random things we had all been filmed saying. Hard to explain. The last 5 minutes were of me in the turkey mascot suit, walking down the street in Wichita, into this bar ordering a drink. I flipped off the camera and poured a glass of Wild Turkey. You'd have to see it, seriously, I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Next, the President of our company came out dressed as a military general and gave out "purple hearts" to about 10 employees for hard work and blah blah blah. We were each given dog tags with our name, title and year. I thought that was pretty cool.

There were lots of prizes given out like football and basketball tickets, CDs, umbrellas (random) and restaurant gift certificates. The grand daddy was a week long trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas. I'll be damned if my AE didn't win! So Jealous!!

After all that calmed down, the booze was flowing and the tunes were rockin'! I requested "Pour Some Sugar on Me," and of course danced like a mad woman. I LOVE THAT SONG! I danced until midnight when Shelton finally drug my drunk ass out of there and back to our sweet suite! The party just made me appreciate how lucky I am to work for such a fantastic company. Man alive it was fun! Lots of laughing, hugs, and I think I might have FINALLY made some friends in Wichita!

So, Jim, you're not the only one who gets to party hard with work! Jude Law wasn't there, and there were no limos, but it was a damn good time!!