« Home | Drilled and Filled » | The grape flavored gloves make it ok » | What next?! » | A little bit of Keith, A little bit of Jenna » | 48 hours of "ME" time » | Happy Birthday Shelton! » | Open House » | Commence Flashbacks » | At which point I laughed myself into cardiac arrest » | Best Game Ever!! »

Candy Sweet Candy

Shortly after I started at the agency I found a bowl that I thought would make a perfect candy dish. I bought it. Shelton scowled. Ever since then there rarely passes a day that the bowl isn't full. And people seek it out. And when it's empty I get dirty looks and sighs. I've had people bang the empty bowl. I've had notes like "An empty candy dish is just a bowl" post-it'd to the bottom.

My desk is right on a main thoroughfare in the office, so I get a lot of traffic all day long. And a bowl that was loaded up at 8a.m. leaves a little to be desired around 5p.m.

I try to mix it up. I've rarely had the same thing in it twice. I like to hit the Nifty Nut House and find delectable edibles. Sour balls, double-dipped dark chocolate malt balls, runts, hot tamales and others are popular choices.

The Nifty Nut House is this UNREAL candy mecca in Wichita. It's like a huge warehouse full of candy. Every kind, size, flavor, WHOA MOMMA!!

In any event, a few weeks ago a guy stopped by and grabbed a few sour balls. Moments later he was holding his crown in his hand. Because of my sour ball. I felt so bad for him. I even made up a fun little rhyme:
BRAD SMITH STOPPED BY BRANDI'S DESK
TO GRAB A HAND FULL OF SOUR BALLS
HE BIT ONE DOWN
AND BROKE HIS CROWN
AND THE DENTIST CAME FOLLOWING AFTER

This week, the sweet-of-the-moment have been Nips- a yummy little carmel hard candy in a variety of flavors. All week, jokes that would make HR blush regarding the Nips at Brandi's desk (go on, use your imagination) have been running like wildfire. This afternoon, John dropped by my desk for a Nip. Again, he turned around to show me a golden crown sitting in the palm of his hand. It was quickly announced that John broke his tooth on one of Brandi's Nips.

I've since placed a warning label on the candy bowl letting everyone know that I am not responsible for their dental work.