« Home | Happy Birthday Shelton! » | Open House » | Commence Flashbacks » | At which point I laughed myself into cardiac arrest » | Best Game Ever!! » | I was promised the sun would come out tomorrow. » | Washout » | Old News » | Boob job anybody?? » | Stripped of my title- Breadwinner »

48 hours of "ME" time

Shelton went out of town with his family this weekend and I was kind of bummed as I looked ahead to an entire weekend by myself. Saturday and Sunday are the two days where Shelton and I get each other all to ourselves. And I love every minute. I was also a little freaked out about having to stay in this 90-year old creaking and moaning house by myself for the first time.

But folks, it hasn't been bad at all. I've enjoyed every minute of it. And while I'm looking forward to Shelton's return this afternoon, I appreciate the solitude while I have it. I mean, it's been a year since I spent a weekend alone and it will probably be another year before I get it again.

So what have I been doing with myself? Well, Friday night I went to a baby shower for a co-worker. She's having twin girls- how fun is that?! THIS is how you do a baby shower kids... in the evening, with dinner and sangria. Of course, mommy didn't get to partake. But, who needs alcohol when you have ALL THOSE PRESENTS!!

It was home and straight to bed. With the lights on in the dining room. And the bedroom. Ya know, to make sure I didn't see the ghosts that I'm CERTAIN live here and won't let their transparent heads be seen until I'm all alone. Ha- I won!

Saturday morning I slept in and I haven't enjoyed that pleasure in a long, long time. I bummed around the house, did a little grocery shopping then showered and ready to face the day. There was a wine fest in Wichita yesterday and I was given tickets. I met up with a couple of girlfriends and we spent the entire afternoon sampling wonderful wines and mowing through plate after plate of killer food and desserts.

I came home last night to play "Bree" from Desperate Housewives. I indulged in my favorite bottle of wine, baked my very best M&M/Choc Chip cookies and played online Scrabble. When I lost 3 games in a row, I decided it was time to kill the games and go to bed. Again, with the lights on.

This morning I'm finishing the cookies and prepping late lunch for the fam when they return. I'm preparing a downhome Sunday lunch of fried chicken, garlic red skin mashed potatoes, baked beans and corn bread. And, cookies for dessert.

And boy was it good! Not only that, we we got the pleasure of seeing Lori and Jerry again, too. I wish we could have enjoyed each other longer. jdk

Post a Comment