« Home | I think she walked around with a boom-box on her s... » | We got to keep the couch » | A life in boxes » | I hope to die in a yacht-filled harbor » | More closed-minded than Oklahoma?! Is that possible? » | Yes, i'm still here » | Yes, I'm a legal resident of Kansas » | Standing on street corners is oh-so bad » | Full Swing Ahead » | NOOOOOOO »

If only every morning was this great

We woke up this morning at 9am! Doesn't seem like a big deal, but consider the fact that my body NEVER lets me sleep past 7:15 on weekends anymore. It's a shame.

So we both made it to 9 this morning. Enjoyed that quiet morning talk, "Good morning," "How'd you sleep," "You're breath stinks," "Yeah, yours too."

Then conversation lead to what a beautiful morning it was and then we decided to get up and go to Panera. The temperature was perfect, the sun was shining, very slight breeze, cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee and a newspaper. We sat on the patio and just enjoyed the morning. I felt sixty but it was so enjoyable.

We came home and I was greeted at the car by the little boy downstairs, he's maybe 4. He handed me a freshly picked, white-top dandilion. It's sitting on my kitchen counter and reminds me of a time when all my Sunday mornings were filled with laziness.