« Home | ARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! » | A taste of my own medicine » | There and back » | FABULOUS!! and UNBELIEVABLE!!! and AWESOME!!! » | "You're my boy Blue..." » | Five » | Merry Christmas! » | Better suck it up until Spring! » | Winter Wonder Weekend » | Tastes like crack »

As if I needed more clues to my out-of-shapeness

Wednesday was the last day for one of my favorite co-workers. To celebrate her departure our office had a party at the skating rink in town. This turned out to be one of the most hilarious displays of human acrobatics I have ever had the pleasure of both watching and participating. I mean, what else do you expect from a group of 25 to 60-year olds who have not done this in at least a decade- myself included.

We were all brave souls. Each strapping on the skates and begging our legs and spines to remember how to do this. I got there and announced that skating has got to be like riding a bicycle- once you learn you never forget. Me and my big mouth. Every single one of us were the most awkward looking rubber-legged, monkey-arm flailing, little girl squealing group of too-old-to-be-doing this skaters ever.

I can proudly say I never fell. But I was never capable of stopping using the stoppers on the front of the skates. I ran into the brick wall and the concrete wall several times... scratch that- slammed.

My dearest husband apparently didn't know how to skate. I, of course, laughed when I learned this. But Shelton did a fantastic job. I wouldn't exactly call it graceful, but none of us were that night.

We did the limbo and I was the first one out. The music was blasting the tunes of the 70s and 80s.
All in all it was an awesome time. Too much fun. And my leg and hiney muscles are still in the re-coop stage.